What is the CAC?
The Community Advisory Committee (CAC) is comprised of parents, students, teachers, paraeducators, education specialists, agencies, and individuals with exceptional needs who are working toward the most appropriate education for special needs individuals.
- Assist in parent education
- Recruit parents and other volunteers who contribute to the implementation of the Local Plan
- Encourage public involvement in the development and review of the Local Plan
- Act in support of individuals with exceptional needs
- Act as a liaison between the SELPA Administrator and local communities
Four meetings are held each year covering topics that are important to parents, students, teachers, and administrators.
- October 12, 2017 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm RHYME, RHYTHM, AND SONG
- December 7, 2017 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm CYBERBULLING: WHAT PARENTS NEED TO KNOW
- February 8, 2018 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm AUTISM: ONE MOM'S UNPREDICTABLE ADVENTURE
- May 17, 2018 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm TIPS, TRICKS, AND SECRETS FROM AN OCCUPATIONAL THERAPIST